I am a lecturer (equivalent to U.S. assistant professor) at the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia. Prior to joining Monash University, I was a post-doctoral research fellow in the software practices lab at the University of British Columbia in Canada, with a specialization in software analytics and mining software repositories. My advisors are Prof. Gail C. Murphy and Prof. Reid Holmes. From 2014 to 2017, I was a research assistant professor at College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University, China.
I got my Ph.D degree in June 2014 from College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University, China. I was very fortunate to work under the supervision of Prof. Xiaohu Yang, and Prof. Jianling Sun. From July, 2012 to January,2014, I was a visiting student of Prof. David Lo in Singapore Management Universiy.
To help developers and testers improve their productivity, my current research focuses on mining and analyzing rich data in software repositories to uncover interesting and actionable information. I have employed and customized structured and unstructured data analytics techniques – including data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, search-based algorithms, and program analysis – to transform passive software engineering data into automated tools and new insights.
Direct link to Google scholar page.
- Meng Yan, Xin Xia, Emad Shihab, David Lo, Jianwei Yin, Xiaohu Yang. “Automating Change-level Self-admitted Technical Debt Determination”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 20 pages, 2018. Accepted.
- Lingfeng Bao, Zhenchang Xing, Xin Xia, David Lo. “VT-Revolution: Interactive Programming Video Tutorial Authoring and Watching System”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 16 pages, 2018. Accepted.
- Xin Xia, Lingfeng Bao, David Lo, Zhenchang Xing, Ahmed E. Hassan, Shanping Li. “Measuring Program Comprehension: A Large-Scale Field Study with Professionals”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 26 pages, 2017. Accepted.
- Xin Xia, David Lo, Ying Ding, Jafar M. Al-Kofahi, Tien N. Nguyen, Xinyu Wang. “Improving Automated Bug Triaging with Specialized Topic Model”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) 43(3): 272-297 (2017)
- Xin Xia, David Lo, Sinno Jialin Pan, Nachiappan Nagappan, Xinyu Wang. “HYDRA: Massively Compositional Model for Cross-Project Defect Prediction”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) 42(10): 977-998 (2016)
(TSE Featured Paper on October 2016 issue.)
- Bowen Xu, Zhenchang Xing, Xin Xia, David Lo. “AnswerBot - Automated Generation of Answer Summary to Developers’ Technical Questions”. 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2017): 706-716
- Bowen Xu, Deheng Ye, Zhenchang Xing, Xin Xia, Guibin Chen, Shanping Li. “Predicting Semantically Linkable Knowledge in Developer Online Forums via Convolutional Neural Network”. 31st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2016): 51-62
- Lucia, David Lo, Xin Xia: Fusion fault localizers. 29th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2014): 127-138.
- Xing Hu, Ge Li, Xin Xia, David Lo, Shuai Lu, Zhi Jin. “Summarizing Source Code with Transferred API Knowledge”. 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-ECAI-2018). Accepted as a Full Paper
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia